Movement Strategy Center is seeking a dynamic professional to provide administrative support to MSC’s Executive Director (ED), Chief Operating Officer (COO) and executive leadership team along with support for special projects that the ED focuses on to advance the organizational mission and work.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the primary role of the Executive Assistant is to provide administrative support to MSC’s Executive Director (ED), Chief Operating Officer (COO) and executive leadership team along with support for special projects that the ED focuses on to advance organizational mission and work.
Executive Assistance (50%)
- Support for ED, COO and Board of Directors Committees
- Manage calendars, scheduling & executing meetings from start to finish; selecting a date, inviting appropriate attendees, supporting agenda clarification and follow-ups and next steps
- Serve as principal administrative contact for ED and COO; answer and route: phone calls/phone messages, mail and email messages, and handle wide-range information dissemination
- Special projects & project management as needed (e.g. Organizational Development projects)
- Partner with Chief Advancement Officer and Advancement team to support executive voice, communications, development and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support MSC Executive Teams’ partnerships cultivation including initiating meetings and responding to requests from key partners
- Scheduling and implementing the logistics for Board of Director meetings including Committee meetings
- Support preparation of ED presentations and content for executive team and staff meetings
- Manage and reconcile expense accounts for ED and COO
- Schedule and book travel accommodations for the ED and COO
- Provide file management for the ED and COO
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Agency-wide Administrative Support (35%)
- Under the direction of the COO, work in collaboration with MSC’s administrative team members to support agency-wide logistics, operational needs and other administrative duties as may be assigned
Organizational Change Initiatives, Community Stewardship & Emergent Projects (15%)
- Support organizational change management initiatives and special projects at the direction of the ED and COO
- Support Organizational Culture and Community Stewardship activities such as coordinating staff meetings, leadership team meetings, board meetings, retreats, and community building activities that may interface between staff, board members, the larger community and stakeholders in MSC’s network
- Provide project management support to emergent projects that may arise from the Board Executive Committee and Executive Leadership Team
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Expected hours of work
Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Daily schedule is flexible within the proximity of this time frame, and will be decided in consultation with the supervisor.
No significant travel expected.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in working with and supporting non-profit social justice organizations and leaders focused on transformative change to make the world more equitable and just;
- Minimum of five years demonstrated experience with executive assistant or special assistant to C-Suite roles, and/or equivalent positions;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to switch between detail-intensive data processing and relationship-based interaction with ease;
- Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Experience in supporting change management and organizational development;
- Ability to handle diverse challenges with a calm demeanor and positive outlook with service excellence;
- Ability to hold confidentiality and discretion re: sensitive information to support Executive Team’s work;
- Highly skilled in managing competing priorities;
- Highly motivated and proficient problem solver who anticipates needs and proactively creates solutions in a timely manner in a fast-paced, emergent environment;
- An orientation towards learning and development; willing to learn from mistakes, receive feedback, and know how to properly give feedback to others;
- Ability to communicate and take initiative in asking for help and clarity, and to propose solutions/options. Adaptability and comfort with emergence (i.e. ideas and systems not yet fully developed that responds to dynamic situations) — to partner and pinch hit on emergent projects that arise for the Executive and Leadership Teams;
- Proficiency and excellent computer skills in utilizing Apple and Mac operating systems and products, as well as virtual communication and meeting platforms, database management systems, expense reconciliation systems and other software applications including Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Canva and other design platforms; and
- Experience with online services such as Egnyte, Docusign, Paycom, Airtable and Asana is preferred but not required
Position Type and Compensation
- Full-time, 100% FTE, exempt position. Annual compensation is offered between $70-90K
- MSC’s 100% FTE benefits package includes:
- 20 vacation days leave accrual per year (15 days in the first year of employment due to a mandatory 3 month waiting period before accrual begins)
- 12 standard holidays, and 2 personal days per year (Personal days are designated as your birthday and hire date anniversary, and need to be used on these dates as required by CA time off laws)
- 12 sick days leave accrual per year
- 1-week paid MSC family and medical leave after one year of service (to be integrated with available state benefits); an additional week of paid leave for each additional year of service, up to 4 weeks
- Medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance coverage for employees and their dependents (the enrollment eligible date is first of the month following 30 days of employment)
Employee contribution is required and further details will be provided upon hire
- Access to FSA and Commuter Benefits
- Opportunity to participate in an employer sponsored 403b retirement plan
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Movement Strategy Center is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. People of color and
LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid
Based: Oakland, CA
Pay: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year