Head of Sustainability - Engagement
Head of Sustainability Engagement
- Are you passionate about delivering industry wide sustainability projects, to drive sector wide transformation?
- Would you enjoy interacting and collaborating with high profile stakeholders and market leading organisations?
- Are you determined to make radical collaboration across the real estate industry a reality?
- Does achieving net zero carbon buildings by 2050 with the largest commercial property owners in the UK excite you?
If so, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
An exceptional newly created opportunity has arisen for a Head of Sustainability Engagement to join the Better Buildings Partnership, a not for profit collaboration of 50 of the UK’s leading property owners, with over £270bn Assets under management.
Why the Head of Sustainability Engagement is a great opportunity:
- The role reports directly to the CEO, Sarah Ratcliffe, and sits as part of her Senior Leadership Team.
- There is a huge amount of personal exposure in working for the BBP due to the members you will be collaborating with, including: Aviva, Abrdn, Landsec, GPE, Grosvenor, Legal & General and Nuveen
- This role is perfect for an individual who already has a proven track record, but is now looking to amplify their career and take it to the next level.
- The BBP offers a truly autonomous role where home working is supported and flexibility encouraged, with travel to London according to business needs (roughly 4 times a month).
- The BBP is an established market leader, playing a key part in driving industry transformation and championing collaboration across the sector.
- The BBP offers the advantages of working for a small, highly professional organisation where the focus is on impact.
- The chance to work for a genuine not-for-profit business, with values, excellence and quality embedded into everything they do.
As the Head of Sustainability Engagement you will be responsible for:
- Strategy – working with CEO and co-chairs of the BBP working groups and projects, to help drive, shape and develop programmes of work with a particular focus on engagement between commercial property owners and occupiers.
- Member Engagement – liaising with members, to understand and respond to their needs and co-create the BBP’s outputs.
- Project Management and Delivery – executing key projects on schedule and to the highest of quality.
- Stakeholder Engagement – working with BBP members, industry bodies, NGO’s and Consultants to ensure that the BBP’s work is collaborative, avoids duplication and informed by emerging best practice.
- Amplifying impact – Ensuring effective communication and engagement strategies are in place to share knowledge and strengthen industry engagement around the BBP’s workstreams and projects.
The successful Head of Sustainability Engagement will:
- Hold a relevant qualification within sustainability and/or real estate.
- Have demonstrable experience of working on sustainability within the real estate, built environment and commercial property sectors.
- Be an individual with a natural flair for engaging with and influencing a variety of key stakeholders.
- Have the ability and willingness to work both strategically and operationally as required, to drive and deliver the programme of work.
In return, the successful Head of Sustainability Engagement will be offered an attractive remuneration package, with benefits including 28 days annual leave (rising by 1 day each year of service, up to a maximum of 33), discretionary bonus scheme, health insurance and lots more
If this could be of interest, please apply now to register your application through our Executive Search partner – GS2 Partnership.