Movement Strategy Center seeks a methodical thinker to work with managers and other staff members to ensure that administrative tasks are completed and function efficiently.
This is a hybrid position. Remote and On-Site
- Admin and Office Support (70%)
- Coordinate distribution of incoming mail and external mailing and shipping when needed
- Answer and direct phone calls/voicemails from the main MSC phoneline
- Enter Org invoices into Bill.com for payment
- Research, identify and vet potential vendors; build and manage vendor relationships and operations contracts
- Monitor General Info Google Suite inbox
- Manage document retention and filing system for organization
- Order general office supplies, and coordinate supply requests
- Coordinate with Historic Central Building Management on office maintenance and equipment requests
- Ensure integrity and efficiency of office functions
Finance Support (20%)
- Manage Daily Mail Log
- Reconciling PEX cards of the Executive Director, Chief of Staff & Admin Ops Manager
- Send out Donor Acknowledgement letters monthly
Misc Projects (10%)
- Provide other office and administrative support as needed
- Work on special projects as assigned
Currently does not supervise other employees.
Expected hours of work:
Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Daily schedule is flexible within the proximity of this time frame, and will be decided in consultation with the supervisor.
No significant travel is expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A minimum of four years of experience in an administrative role;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to switch between detail-intensive data processing and relationship-based interaction with ease;
- Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills with a strong understanding of Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Dedication to social justice;
- An orientation towards learning and development; willing to learn from mistakes, receive feedback, and give feedback to others.
Position Type and COMPENSATION
- This is a 100% FTE hourly non-exempt position.
- 100% FTE. Gross hourly pay, depending on experience.
- MSC’s 100% FTE benefits package includes:
- 20 days vacation leave per year;
- 12 standard holidays and 2 personal days per year;
- 12 sick days per year;
- 1 week paid MSC family and medical leave after one year of service; an additional week of paid leave for each additional year of service, up to 4 weeks;
- Medical, vision, dental for employees and dependents (requires a 30-day waiting period and a per paycheck employee contribution);
- 100% employer-sponsored basic life, short-term and long-term disability insurance coverage;
- Access to a 403b retirement plan.
- Access to FSA and Commuter Benefits.
Please include a cover letter with your application. Applications missing a cover letter will not be considered.
Movement Strategy Center is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. People of color and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- This job requires you to submit a cover letter. Please attach your cover letter as an attachment when applying to this role.
- demonstrated: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid. One on-site location & Remote
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year