Savannah Energy is a young, high growth, highly ambitious energy company. We are focused on operating in countries where we can make a difference to local communities, where we can play a strategic role in the energy sector and where we can make a positive impact on the socio-economic development of the country.
Our vision is to create a best in class African-focused energy company that we and our stakeholders are proud of. Our five core values of Sustainability, Excellence, Entrepreneurialism, Integrity and Teamwork define the essence of Savannah and underpin our corporate culture.
The management team are fully committed to creating substantial growth in the short to medium term and to support this growth ambition we are looking to add to our subsurface team in London.
Role and Responsibilities
The Technical Lead will work on renewable energy project development, acquisitions, and financing across Africa.
The role may involve activity in:
- Various countries in Africa, including Niger, Nigeria & Chad;
- Various renewables sectors including solar, wind, hydro and green hydrogen
- both on-grid, off-grid renewables, including both government offtake and private offtake projects
- Manage technical aspects of wind and solar project development
- Work closely with the business development team in creating a portfolio of renewable energy projects
- Providing technical input on wind and solar project tenders
- Provide technical input for the financial model
- Participate in discussions with governments in relation to project contract negotiations
- Managing technical consultants (electrical, wind energy, civil etc)
- Solicit offers for solar and wind EPC & similar contracts and carry out related contractual negotiations
- Interface with lenders’ technical advisers and assist with satisfying lenders conditions to reaching financial close
- Assess, together with the business development team, new technologies such as green hydrogen & green ammonia
- Assist in internal reporting, presentations and investment papers
Experience and Qualifications
- Fluent French and English speaking
- Able to travel throughout Africa